Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Of virtual hugs and penguins

A good friend will be flying tomorrow night back to Sydney, a frequent flyer, but he's scared.
I know that feeling... just all too well....
Fear of loosing everything you've worked hard to achieve.....
Friends especially....

And it dawn upon me that no matter how much I would like to help, there is really nothing that I can do at all... nothing at all to make him fear less, nothing at all to ease his anxiety.... nothing at all to reassure him that everything will be okay...it's just how it is.... Nothing that is other than hugs I guess, virtual hugs....

It'll never work... words... "it'll be fine..."..."you'll manage.."..."i'll be here..."
how much weight do these phrases carry? how deep can someone who has little to no sense of security trust them?
it's scary to fear....
especially when it's the fear of loosing something, someone.... due to situational changes.

well, my dear penguin lover, at least you'll get to see penguins in Australia... what you loose while going over, there will be something that you'll gain....
The law of conservation....
Now doesn't that sound familiar?

No comments: