Saturday, February 18, 2006

Days till I leave....

Counting on, 4 days till I leave my homeland to embark on another phase of my journey in the land down under... all for the love of education... just so I'll make-real my dreams of becoming a psychologist.... It really doesn't matter how hard this journey is or will be... I will not give up....

Perhaps, among all things, I should be thankful that I I inherited my mom's stuborn-ness and kiasu-ness.... good or bad qualities, it's all up to you to decide... albeit the fact that I have lost many friends to these two culprits, I have gained too.... I have strived forward, no matter how hard things are.... yes, there are times I feel like jsut leaving everything behind... yes, I have had my own share of depression and angst.... but hey, doesn't everybody? I am very much normal after all....

What's it like, being a psychologist...? well, can't really answer it till I finally reach the final destination (which is like.... 5 years from now? provided that I get good enough results...) I really wonder... by the time I come back home, what will the mental health system in Malaysia that I am so utterly dissapointed and disgusted with? sigh.... it's not like I can do anything anyway.... it's just a thought....

But still, it nags on me... the fact that the stigma attached to mental illness is far from decreasing.... How long more must sufferers of these often discriminated illnesses hide away in shame? How long more must they be discriminated and shun away from cos of their illness, I repeat, illness, not something they willed upon themselves, before they are accepted for who they are....

sigh... am thinking way too much and too far.... should stop now....
signing off now....

as I return to the real world to face another day....

No comments: