Friday, April 21, 2006

~untitled~

Unrestrained,
I wish to soar
To touch the sky I've longed for
An aspiration set from yesteryears
To have the wind blow away my fears

Seemingly unreachable then it seemed
A dream yet within a thousand dreams
Embedded amongst them the light of hope
A fiery flame
Courage to cope

Times there were when odds were high
Mood swings, they’re called
The smiles and the sighs
Ups and Downs life may offer
Ultimately still my call
To choose to or not,
To suffer

A blessing yet a curse, this pain
Sanity, insanity, changing lanes
No one to comprehend
Alone I’ll have to withstand
Yet from it,
Knowledge I’ve gained
The gift of understanding others’,
I’ve attained

Freedom from pain I hope to be
The me in my dreams I long to see
Yet now as I soar ahead of time
Looking back
There is much I have to leave behind
Just so to not feel the inner turmoil
To be free of this emotional coil

Entwined within myself I am
A poet reciting her pain yet again
Hoping not the death of faith
Though knowing still
An endless journeying lies ahead

No comments: