Thursday, March 23, 2006

Do they actually have a right to do so?

A friend of my friend had to withdraw from her major of choice due to the fact that she was under extreme levels of stress, or rather, her coordinator of that subject told her that she is not allowed to take the subject anymore...

It's not like she wanted to be stressed up in the first place, it's not that she wants to be so anxious and panicky during classes... It's not her choice to be unwell and require psychiatric help... But it was definitely her wish to that that major... And to complete it...

but due to her being stressed up and all, she was "kicked out" of the department...

and people talk about not discriminating, not judging...

again, I know that this has got absolutely nothing to do with me, I don't even know who the person is for that matter. But what I do know is that, I am scared...

what if I fall sick again or my depression worsens? What if I get so wound up and crazy that I can't do my work? What if my mental state eventually demolished my physical health? Does it mean that I will have to discontinue my studies as well? Does it means that I will be kicked out of my course due to reasons such as me being emotionally unstable?

we didn't ask to be like this... We just are...
being sick is not our fault... It's when we refuse help, that's when it's our fault....
but she agreed to treatment... Isn't it a little harsh on her?
I dread the thought that if I ever fall back into the depths of insanity, I'll have to give up the one thing that I truly want to do and do well in....

people come up with all sorts of reasons or excuses to say that it's for her own good... It's to save her from getting more stressed up, it's to prevent her illness from further deteriorate...
But then again, how about those who are already sick to begin with and are just currently "ok" so to say....

Just because I may require psychiatric help, I am therefore deem unfit to study this particular course?

No comments: