Tuesday, November 29, 2005

a song you have loved

Melodies of Life
Emiko Shiratori
Alone for awhile I've been searching through the dark
For traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart
To weave by picking up the pieces that remain
Melodies of life, love's lost refrain

Been hard, trying to pick up the pieces of me that has been scattered everywhere the day I was broke apart.
I guess, iit's because I didn't want to let you go.... I know I said that it was okay... but I guess, I was never a great liar to myself....
Even though time have flew by, I have been searching all these while in the dark for this light of yours that will never againshine in my life....
Searching for this love that I had alowed you to leave behind.
Our paths they did cross, though I cannot say just why
We met, we laughed, we held on fast, and then we said goodbye
And who'll hear the echoes of stories never told?
Let them ring out loud till they unfold

I am jsut as puzzled as you are on how we were stuckk together throughout the many years we spent together.... but I am thankful for the oppportunity to be your friend though baffled by your sudden leaving..... Though I bame you not, nor am I angered till hatred fills my heart and soul,
a wound carved by one you love no matter how shallow the cutting, takes more than just time and tender loving care to heal.....
I guess, there is no medicine better than amnesia....
But since it's not some miracle druug that you can by from any drug store... nor can you attain it through other means without compromising other memories, I guess, saying goodbye is as far as the healing can go.....
In my dearest memories, I see you reaching out to me
Though you're gone, I still believe that you can call out my name

Yes, the hope and dreams are stll here....
perhaps it will never ever go away for as long as I live.....
hopes and dreams of you returning....
to see you smile once again......

A voice from the past, joining yours and mine
Adding up the layers of harmony
And so it goes, on and on
Melodies of life
To the sky beyond the flying birds, forever and beyond

A voive from the past...
A bridge built of memories.....
strong enough to sustain, but not strong enough to hold....

So far and away, see the bird as it flies by
Gliding through the shadows of the clouds up in the sky
I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings

Birds.....
can you recognise her from far?
can you bring her heart back to me?
flap your wigs and fly.....
I know it's hard to keep your near....
I know your wings are meant for flying....

In your dearest memories, do you remember loving me?
Was it fate that brought us close and now leaves me behind?
A good question you've asked in your letter to me...
A question that has left me pondering on and on....
and now a question that I would ask you....
A question demanding no answer...
Do you remember me?

A voice from the past, joining yours and mine
Adding up the layers of harmony
And so it goes, on and on
Melodies of life
To the sky beyond the flying birds, forever and beyond

If I should leave this lonely world behind
Your voice will still remember our melody
Now I know we'll carry on
Melodies of life
Come circle round and grow deep in our hearts
As long as we remember
Do you? Will you? Would you want to?
I guess, sometimes things just cannot be controled by sheer will....
It is true what they say....
that it required to hands to clap......

No comments: